Returns to Pet Food Experts would include...
Our return policy allows us to maintain consistency as we process returns and credits with our retail partners. Pet Food Experts will provide credit for any errors we make in shipping products, for products damaged in transit, and any shortages. To receive credit for your returned products, please read and understand the following guidelines so that credit can be issued to your account as quickly as possible.
When contacting Pet Food Experts about a return, please provide your store name, account number, and invoice number. Approved RGAs will be emailed to you — please have printed RGA and items to be returned ready for the driver with your next delivery.
First, start by inspecting all products upon receipt of your delivery by Pet Food Experts. Damages, shortages, mispicks, and other ordering errors must be reported to Customer Claims using our order discrepancy form within 48 hours of delivery.
Please contact our claims team by email, phone, or fax:
Phone: 800-637-7338, then select option #2
Reasons for return
- High-Value Items & Frozen Items: Elanco (Advantix, Advantage, and Seresto) products and all frozen items must be checked at the time of delivery with the driver. The driver will write up a Driver Return Voucher and submit it to Customer Claims for an invoice adjustment. No credits will be issued after the delivery check-in.
- Short-Dated Product: Pet Food Experts defines a short-dated product as any product with 90 days or less remaining before expiration. If you believe we have shipped short-dated products, please contact Customer Claims within 48 hours of delivery. We will investigate but will only provide credit if warehouse inventory is similarly short-dated.
- Expired/Expiring Product: Pet Food Experts does not credit for product that has expired due to poor movement or lack of rotation. Please contact your vendor representative for credit or replacement for all expired goods.
- Infested or Moldy Product: If you believe we have shipped moldy or infested products, please contact Customer Claims within 48 hours of delivery. Please have an invoice number, item number, lot code, best by date, and photos available.
- Overstock Returns: Pet Food Experts do not guarantee the sale of any item. While we suggest that slow-moving/overstock items be discounted at the retail level, saleable items that have been purchased from Pet Food Experts may be returned with prior approval, providing it has 90 days remaining before the “Best By” date. Products must be returned within 30 days of the purchase date. Any return in this category will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
Please note: Any product not returned within 30 days of purchase will no longer be eligible for a return, and the RGA will be deleted. Product returned with price stickers of any kind, without original packaging, permanently marked in any way, or otherwise deemed unsalable will not be eligible for credit and will be returned with your next delivery.